How to write a blog post about all the amazing things I have experienced in five weeks? Well, that will take AGES. For sure. The good food, the smells, the beautiful beaches, the amazing people and of course the happy hours....of good drinks:) It felt like such a long trip, but sitting at home right now..It kinda feels like I was only gone for a week or so...But my phone bill and my camera shows something else for sure... And the fact that I started my trip in freaking paradise. Little Corn Island. So, it takes you some time to get there. But oh, so worth it! You have to catch a flight from Managua to Big Corn Island and then a boat that goes...whenever the captain feels like it:) Such a spanish mañana vibe here:) Me gusta! So, why is it worth a visit? Well, let me just show you this tropical paradise...
And you better wake up early so you make sure you get a good shot of it...
..Or go to Yemas beach bar and take one of these...
...pretty nice beach bar where you are sure to bump into some nice people!
An for snacks at Corn Island? Try the fried coconut. Ayayay coco jambo, they are cocolicious!
Hello happy hour(s) with piña coladas at Yemas beach bar!
Fish tacos. OMG. Never tired of those.
The sunsets here....Breathtaking.
The remote beaches....It is, for sure, paradise.
AND remember this when you are going there! ( Of course I say when and not if, cause you are stupid no to! 😛)
- There is no ATM on the land, so take out all the cash you need!
- Stay at Lighthouse or Three Brothers if you wanna stay at hostels. Ensueños or Casa Iguana if you are staying at the other side of the island!
- Need WIFI? Go to Tranquilo or Desideri. And ooh, order the fish tacos at Tranquilo cafe. AMAZING!
- Love reggae music? ( You better cause they play it all the time!) Check out the Happy Hut at night time!
- The piña coladas at Yemas beach bar! Fresh and not to sweet! LOVE it.
- Bring a flash light if you choose to stay at the other side of the island. Going through that forrest can be pretty damn dark!
- Sunscreen, flip flops, bathing suit, sunglasses, shorts and t-shirt- THAT is all you need to pack!
- Try night snorkling here. I saw a bunch of big turtles! So fun.
- Order the jamacian dish run down! It takes two hours to make, so make sure you do it a couple of hours before you wanna eat!
- Chill the f*** out. Yup. It`s the perfect place to get rid of those stressful thoughts in your daily life!
Big thanks to my good friend Jone who showed me this amazing island!